POSITION VACANT | A Two Year Tenure for Premier League Women’s Coach commencing in October 2018 for the 2018/2019 season for Div 2, Under 23’s and the 2019 PL Season.
Ph: 0407 556 955 after 6.30pm.
J&P request and applications to:
Applications Close: Thursday 26th July 2018 5pm
Expressions of Interest for Coaching Applications for the 2018/19 season
To be eligible for a Coaching position or Assistant Coach position, you will need to have;
• A current Child-Related Police Check here
• A completed Coaches Code of Ethics form here
• Play By The Rules Certificates in Child Protection and Harassment & Discrimination OR a Child Safe Officer Certificate link here.
• Familiarisation and Understanding of the Club Handbook, it’s encompassing policies and expectations.
• Ability to commit to the full year’s season of games, training, Carnivals and Championships.
Please take careful consideration to ensure all the above criteria is met.
Should you wish to discuss any details further, please email or call Basketball Manager Karen Williams on [email protected] or 0434 858 805.
Eastern Mavericks District Basketball Club junior trials for the 2018-2019 season are being held on Sunday 12th August 2018. Please see attached poster for age group trial times.
All trialling players must pay a $50 deposit on the day, which will be deducted from their 2018/19 season fees. All trialling players must arrive 20 mins prior to their scheduled trial time to complete the Player Registration form and pay the trial fee at the Registration Desk.
Player Registration Forms are located here Registration-form-2018-2019
For more information contact Basketball Manager Karen Williams : 0434 858 805
PREMIER LEAGUE HOME GAME & PINK NIGHT [Cancer Foundation Fundraiser]
Eastern Mavericks v Woodville Warriors
Adelaide Hills Recreation Centre
Women Tip Off 6.30pm
Men Tip Off 8.15pm
U18 Boys Rostered Duty
Please find attached Booklet for the
MEDIBANK NATIONAL JUNIOR CLASSICS 2018 & NUNAWADING TOURNAMENT 2018
We wish all players / coaches and parents all the best for the upcoming Carnivals.
There are 9 teams travelling to Melbourne and we wish you all a fun time and safe journey.
Remember to take lots of pictures and post to our Eastern Mavericks Facebook page.
Our media guru Tracey-Lee will be anxiously waiting to post all your photos.
For those who use Instagram watch out for the news on Facebook!!!!
3D’s of Eastern Mavericks
Eastern Mavericks Committee
on behalf of
Eastern Mavericks welcomes Karen Williams in the role of Basketball Manager for the remainder of the 2018 season.
Karen has been associated with Eastern Mavericks and District Basketball for a long period of time.
Karen Williams – Player/Referee/Coach/Team Manager/Stadium Manager/Administrator
Played and represented Griffith, Riverina, Mildura & Broken Hill at State Championships and Country Leagues.
Refereed Country and District level from the age of 13.
Coached junior and senior level basketball including assisting in ITC Program.
Managed Junior SA Country State teams at Australian Country Cup and National Championships.
Stadium Manager and Games Manager Broken Hill for 8 years.
Games Commissioner Eastern Mavericks for approx. 3 years
Karen has two children who both played Premier League for Eastern Mavericks. Her son Steve then being accepted into American College for Basketball and daughter Amanda being selected to play for Adelaide Lightning.
Karen’s husband Michael also coached Eastern Mavericks Womens Premier League Team for many years.
Moving forward, the key focus for the Basketball Manager in the first instance will be:
- Attendances at Training/Games/Carnivals; Policies and procedures – ensuring that these are followed for non- attendance
- Player Development across all age groups – integration from each age group
- Setting up key training development programs for Skill Development especially for the U10/12 age group
- Recruitment from all feeder Associations – regular visits to these associations
- Participation – especially for Carnivals – following policies etc for this and ensuring that all players are committed to the team and attending Carnivals
- Coach Development & Coach recruitment – ensuring all coaches have opportunity for PD and encouraging to attend those opportunities for training, especially courses offered by Basketball Australia with key speakers etc
We thank Karen for accepting this role and we welcome her to the 2018 Season.
Karen will be out and about at games /training and will be travelling to Melbourne for Classics/Nunawading.
Marg van Schaijik
on behalf of EMDBC Committee
Tupperware Extravaganza – at Junior Photo Day Sunday 13th May 9-11.00am
– great value and opportunity to purchase some unique products. Tupperware Birthday week with many specials .
10% of sales to EMDBC
Contact : Georgia Lloyd 0435 144 882
IMPORT ARRIVAL |
Carmen Tyson-Thomas is here! No sooner did she arrive off the plane from the USA 🇺🇸 but it was straight into training before making her debut tonight against the Rockets.
Please show her the #Mavs spirit and welcome Carmen to the #MavsFamily
Nathon Jones[ Head Coach] Kevin Rock [Assistant Coach]
Carmen Tyson- Thomas & Jaimi Rock [Captain]
SHE’S BACK! | Back into the fold of the #MavsFamily is @k.kartinyeri bringing with her more depth into the Women’s Mavs Team.
Welcome back Deish!